Saturday, August 2, 2008

how good news travels

One thing i've had to adjust to living in the country is how good news travels. i have been shocked at the speed and the wide spaces it travels. This week I went to get some hair removed at one beautician, and on warning her I was pregnant and likely to run out at any time, whe replied "I know"... have had many more similar experiences. it reminded me of a time when I had just moved here, and I discovered that I was being referred to as 'old man Fowler's son's girlfriend'. I was suitably horrified.

We are now the proud owners of a new canon digital camera and so I will be excited to add photos to this blog soon. In hindsight, adding the ultrasound picture would be interesting to no-one at this stage,, as it's indistinguishable. We'll hold off to 20 weeks I think.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

LOL. I'm dying at "old man Fowler's son's girlfriend"! I don't live in the country, but we've been in the same town for a long time, and a lot of people know my dad. Makes me curious what I've been called in the past. Mostly "Richard's oldest," I suppose. Pretty benign.

I hope you feel better very soon! Second trimester is usually a joy!