Wednesday, April 9, 2008

a farm wife part two

March 1st 2008 was everything we wished for. Highlights include the vintage Jag some friends organised for Kath, having an array of precious friends and family present and show stopping food made with care by farm friends. We were also fortunate enough to have our flowers picked from many gardens and amazingly arranged by Tim's aunty Jen and cousin Gilli. It was a great day to reflect on the goodness that my farmer brings into my life.
Nearly three weeks spent on the beach in Thailand means that Tim is having difficulty fitting into his clothes and I am incredibly physically tired by the most menial tasks...However we had the honeymoon that should be had after a wedding. We stayed on three islands - Ko Yao, Ko Phi Phi and Ko Lanta. We read voraciously and ate well. The final night I booked on a cheap rooms site - and it turned out to be a 5 star hotel just off Orchard Rd in Singapore. It was fabulous!
We have been home for two weeks now. I am probably having adjustment issues - although it's difficult to tell what to...Last week I spent agonizing over whether to pursue two job opportunities in town, and decided I wouldn't. It seems I will have to make the decision to be a good farm wife more than once! TOday I am feeling inspired about finally getting organised and creating tidy spaces to live in. It's hard to be creative when things are very messy.
Here's to my official farm wife life.

1 comment:

Elisa Pepall said...

The photos are incredible.. as it sounds was also the honneymoon. You look stunning and the pictures themselves are fabulous. Gareth and Michelle did a great job!

Hoping that you might in Perth some time in May or early June to cross paths?

Well done on resisting the allure of the job!